Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What is on your bookshelf ?

In case you are interested what is on my bookshelf then you can now see it in all its glory here (well, only part of it in fact as I haven't finished going through my books and entering their details).

This is from a service called "Shelfari" and I quite like this virtual browsing idea (it is also easy to export a list of titles in your library which may be useful in the future). I am also hopeful that it will be a good source of identifying new books (though Amazon also captures what books you looked at in addition to the ones you bought as well as having a large network to draw data from, they have no information about books that you have obtained through other channels).

2 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, we want to see all the books on your bookshelf, not just the ones which are convenient to project a desired image.

Don't forget all those comics and also your collection of Mills and Boon titles.

(I guess you keep other "reading" material elsewhere - like under the bed)

LOL

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Payara_Confessor said...

I have a lot of books and this will take sometime (but I do intend to do it) - those were the books closest at hand.

Actually, another weakness with the site I think is its lack of support for non-English books - so my Japanese "comic" collection is probably not going to show up there anytime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home