Monday, January 09, 2006

Crazy people

There are some seriously crazy people in the world! Though I have to admit I am jealous!

I like the way this illustrates some points about what is involved when Microsoft or Yahoo are forced to respond to a Google challenge. The fire & motion article it links to is also worth checking out.

Talking of crazy, how many people would think to immerse their PC in cooking oil for silent operation ? I bet it is a nightmare to add more memory/replace the video card :-)

I need to start writing about my New Year's resolutions so that I will be able to see how I did at the end of the year. As one person has already pointed out I should already be about 2% towards completing them - going to be a bit difficult since I am not even sure what they are yet :-) I will probably recycle some of last years but try and keep them as a manageable set this time to give them a chance of being realised.

Another person I know at work today announced that they are leaving (perhaps this is the start of a trend). It took them a while to make the decision but once they did they looked around and seem to have landed themselves a new job with a 50% pay increase!

2 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Yumiko said...

So the oil doesn't heat up? Weird!

the video is pretty impressive. how would one train to do things like that?? it seems quite painful if yuo mess it up.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Payara_Confessor said...

It does heat up, just not to its combustion point.

I think his training involves copious amounts of vodka :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home