Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Update frequency is low

Although my update frequency has gone down quite dramatically recently it is not because I am running out of ideas about what to write about. It is because I am running out of time to research/write them up properly.

A big factor in my recent time-demise (despite having given up TV and getting up at 6am everyday) is my new training program (if you recall, I recently achieved a benchmark level of fitness that allowed me to say my back had recovered and so start a proper training program). The new training program is proving to be pretty tough going, but I am feeling a LOT better for starting it. Although the work-outs are tough, the improvements are beginning to come (hand in hand with Mr Fatigue that is).

Anyway, for those that are interested in my training program, you can find it here. The instrument of choice in this instance is a Concept II model B (see below; really quite old and noisy by today's standards, but it brings back found memories from when I rowed at uni) rowing Ergometer (here is the brochure for the recent model D in case anyone is interested - basically smoother and a lot quieter).

1 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Payara_Confessor said...

Hmmmm....not sure if this is the right venue for my training times (very boring, unlike the rest of my content :-) ). Perhaps I'll add them as comments to yours :-D. Today's effort was aborted half-way due to stomach ache - 6400m for 26mins.

Read the discussion - interesting. I should do the same thing really (get feedback on my technique). I would be surprised if you don't overtake me next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home