Sunday, March 26, 2006

Favourite Authors

Who are you favourite authors ?

This morning I started to read Haruki Murakami's "Kafka on the Shore". It is a great book. I started to read the book this morning and then I finished it around 7pm this evening. It is a seriously good book and difficult to put down.

I like Murakami's style of writing and he certainly seems to have a good deal of insight into the darker side of things (though it has to be said that this is probably the least dark of the his books that I have read). Anyway, whilst reading the book I came to the conclusion that this is quite possibly the best book I have ever read (of course it could just be that I have forgotten the other great books that I have read - DH Lawrence's "The Rainbow" definitely also ranks very highly)!

In addition to Murakami, Paul Auster is another of my favourite authors. If you haven't read either of these authors' works then I can heartily recommend that you do so. If you have any favourite works/authors that you think I should read then please let me know!

In terms of non-fiction I recently came across this funky literary work. It describes why especially in this day and age that the customer experience is the most important thing for a business to get right. The moral of the story is "make sure you don't have any customer facing idiots" - the risk is just too high that they will do more harm than any salary savings you may make.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger Yumiko said...

You must try reading it in its original text, as it is excellent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home