Wednesday, January 11, 2006

When things start to turn down...

Google's stockprice is currently flying high, but it could all go pear-shaped. Presumably, Microsoft's entry into this space will have some impact, though I guess it depends on how they do it and where abouts on the Parteo/Power-law/Zipf distribution that they occur.

I've lost count of the number of times that this has happened to me, but once again, yesterday, I heard from a good friend that they are getting ready to go and live in a different country. I really am not keen on events like these, as:
  1. I get to look forward to the prospect of one less friend to hang out with, and
  2. I get forced into thinking where my life is going and when I may decide to move...
Both are pretty bad, the first not least because it has happened so many times that I don't actually have that many good friends to hang out with anymore. Of course, to some degree this is balanced by having good friends to subsequently go and stay with in exotic places, but it totally does in the 'not-to-be-underestimated' random short-notice hook up!

The second of course, is arguably worse though as most people are their own worst critic and questions about how one is doing with regard to the big picture of life almost invariably are doomed to be rated as "could have done better". Actually, on the whole I've not really had a problem with this one in the past, but this time I am dwelling on it somewhat. I think this perhaps has something to do with the stuff that is going on at work, but I am not sure. Perhaps I will expand further on this if I make some progress on understanding it :-)

On a lighter note, I quite like games. Especially ones that are challenging in a different way to the usual ones. There is one here (requires javascript) and several here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home