Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Birthday typing

Today was supposed to be my birthday. Today, many, many years ago was the day I was predicted to be born on by the doctor at the hospital. I wasn't born on this date though, so today is not my birthday. Hmmm, I think I'll still celebrate it though :-).

That aside, one of my goals for this year is to significantly improve my typing speed by developing touch typing skills. I tried some free typing tutors but quickly got bored of typing repetitive rubbish and so stopped using them. I realised I type enough rubbish everyday that I should really use that for my typing practice. From learn2type I found the following useful pictures which I now try and force myself to follow:




It is still quite awkward but it is definitely getting easier (before starting this exercise I was a 2-3 fingers each hand typist; 54wpm). Fingers (un?)crossed that I can make some significant improvement in a reasonable amount of time (100wpm is the initial goal - how long will it take?). Actually, I should also investigate keyboard ergonomics some...but that can be for another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home