Saturday, March 04, 2006

Where to take this ?

So, I have been doing this blog thing now for 3 months (ok, recently I've been a bit slack) and am wondering where to take it. I have recently actually started to tell people about it in an attempt to drive up the interactive side of things (you know...comments, questions, suggestions for future articles, criticisms of writing style, etc - i.e. to change the focus from a monologue to a dialogue).

Anyway, aside from my own selfish motivations for doing this, I am interested in what your (is there anybody there ?) thoughts are on what the best direction to take this blog in.

For instance, I could:
  • keep it much the same as at the moment and put out (suitably) random posts on whatever takes my fancy on a (more) regular basis,
  • move a little into group blogging and open up one day a week to a guest bloggers (are you interested in writing but don't want to blog yourself ? Perhaps you already have a blog but are interested in a more anonymous environment or seek access to a more sophisticated audience :-) ),
  • have theme days (e.g. Monday is Japanese language day, Tuesday is science+computer day, Wednesday is fun stuff day, Thursday is "what-has-annoyed-me-recently-and-how-I-would-fix-it" day, Friday is book review day),
  • introduce some educational segments ("let's learn together" ?),
  • seek requests (from you!) for post subjects,
  • start podcasting (does blogger support podcasts ?),
  • start video blogging (does blogger support vlogs ?),
or some combination of the above...let me know ok.

By the way, how do you read this blog (this assumes the existence of a reader of course):
  • Do you just visit this URL now and again ?
  • Do you use a feedreader of some description (by the way, in case you don't know the Atom feed for the full text of this blog is available from: http://payara-confessions.blogspot.com/atom.xml - I guess I should really add it to the site template...) ?
  • Do you use a desktop based feedreader or a web one (like netvibes, protopage, or even by adding it to your my Yahoo! page for that matter) ?
[Personally, I like netvibes for handling all my feeds and protopage for web-based sticky notes of links/agendas/things to do/etc. I am actually getting more seriously into the whole "GTD" side of things and will definitely be writing some things up on this in the future - once I have perfected my system.]

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger A Shropshire Lad said...

I read it using the Live Bookmark feature of the Firefox browser. That's so that I don't have to switch between a news reader and browser.

You should do whatever feels right :)

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger A Shropshire Lad said...

Maybe you should convert in to hosting a wiki rather than a blog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home